We’re after a mid-level to (hands-on) expert who’d like to help run and expand our fleet of IoT hubs as well as reducing our server footprint (two left!) in exchange for a fascinating challenge in a great team.
Job Title: DevOps Lead
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
Based at: London, UK
Responsibilities (What You'll Be Doing)
- Maintain system integrity, up time and quality of our service for customers
- Commit code and configuration and push to production
- Participate in remote pair programming or code review
- Document your work, keeping team members updated in Trello and other systems
- Maintain and improve our CI/CD pipelines including across unreliable, low bandwidth networks
- Contribute to choice of technologies and design of solutions
- Support operations, diagnose network
- Contribute to design, monitoring, scaling and support of APIs and operational dashboards
- Participate in team buy vs build decisions
Prior Experience (Stuff You Should Know)
- Love Docker, Kubernetes, AWS (or other PaaS), scripting, CI/CD, embedded systems.
- Chef, Puppet, Ansible or other frameworks for automation magic.
- Expert in at least Linux and can handle other OSs
- Dashboards, logfiles (or no logs needed because of streaming events), Papertrail, NGinx template autogeneration, 2/3/4G Modem troubleshooting, SSH, HTTPS handshakes, Serverless, NoSQL and SQL equality, G-Suite, git and scripting in all forms (Bash or perhaps Powershell),
- You can setup up SSH tunnels, reverse tunnels, VPNs or equivalent care about data security, uptime, distributed resilience from fragile components.
Core Skills (What We Want to See)
- Steeped in CI/CD and practical application of agile devops techniques
- Full understanding of containerization, VM and techniques for building robustness from fragile parts
- Technically skilled, problem solver, delivery focussed
- Make your decisions using critical thinking, experience and evidence-based research.
- Communicate with your colleagues, partners and customers in a clear, concise and timely manner, that is both informative and constructive
- Work independently, creatively and collaboratively
- Be independent, responsible and share accountability for all of the software stack and production systems
- Experience in fast-moving startups, preferably working at the intersection of hardware and software
Benefits (What We Offer)
- Competitive salary
- Equity in the company through our employee share scheme
- Feel the rewards from working for a company on a world-changing mission to affect millions of lives
- Work in a small interdisciplinary team of designers, developers and operations specialists
- Tackle complex challenges that have a global impact everyday
- Work in a dynamic, modern office at Plexal (Here East) on the edge of Hackney Wick
- Be part of a collaborative team culture - open, encouraging, design-centric and fun.