(Very) Full Stack Developer
From HTML and SaSS/Less, Angular/Express, through SQL and NoSQL on Serverless AWS down to the Linux OS and beyond to embedded controllers. You’ll be expert in a few technologies and be ready to skill up at any level in the stack.
Job Title: Full Stack Developer
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
Based at: London, UK
Responsibilities (What You'll Be Doing)
- Write high quality code and tests
- Commit code and push to production daily, for cloud and device builds
- Remote pair program or code review
- Document your work, keeping team members updated in Trello and other systems
- Integrate with partner teams
- Maintain development systems
- Contribute to choice of technologies and design of solutions
- Support operations
- Design, build and support APIs and UIs
- Participate in team buy vs build decisions
Core Skills (What We Want to See)
- Steeped in CI/CD and practical application of agile techniques.
- Technically skilled, problem solver, delivery focussed
- Make your decisions using critical thinking, experience and evidence-based research.
- Communicate with your colleagues, partners and customers in a clear, concise and punctual manner, that is both informative and constructive
- Work independently, creatively and collaboratively
- Be independent, responsible and share accountability for all of the software stack
- Experience in fast-moving startups, preferably working at the intersection of hardware and software
Benefits (What We Offer)
- Competitive salary
- Equity in the company through our employee share scheme
- Feel the rewards from working for a company on a world-changing mission to affect millions of lives
- Work in a small interdisciplinary team of designers, developers and operations specialists
- Tackle complex challenges that have a global impact everyday
- Work in a dynamic, modern office at Plexal (Here East) on the edge of Hackney Wick
- Be part of a collaborative team culture - open, encouraging, design-centric and fun.