(Very) Full Stack Developer
From HTML and SaSS/Less, Angular/Express, through SQL and NoSQL on Serverless AWS down to the Linux OS and beyond to embedded controllers. You’ll be expert in a few technologies and be ready to skill up at any level in the stack.
Job Title: Full Stack Developer
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
Based at: London, UK
Responsibilities (What You'll Be Doing)
- Write high quality code and tests
- Commit code and push to production daily, for cloud and device builds
- Remote pair program or code review
- Document your work, keeping team members updated in Trello and other systems
- Integrate with partner teams
- Maintain development systems
- Contribute to choice of technologies and design of solutions
- Support operations
- Design, build and support APIs and UIs
- Participate in team buy vs build decisions
Core Skills (What We Want to See)
- Steeped in CI/CD and practical application of agile techniques.
- Technically skilled, problem solver, delivery focussed
- Make your decisions using critical thinking, experience and evidence-based research.
- Communicate with your colleagues, partners and customers in a clear, concise and punctual manner, that is both informative and constructive
- Work independently, creatively and collaboratively
- Be independent, responsible and share accountability for all of the software stack
- Experience in fast-moving startups, preferably working at the intersection of hardware and software
Benefits (What We Offer)
- Competitive salary
- Equity in the company through our employee share scheme
- Feel the rewards from working for a company on a world-changing mission to affect millions of lives
- Work in a small interdisciplinary team of designers, developers and operations specialists
- Tackle complex challenges that have a global impact everyday
- Work in a dynamic, modern office at Plexal (Here East) on the edge of Hackney Wick
- Be part of a collaborative team culture - open, encouraging, design-centric and fun.
Over 1 billion people lack access to reliable power, and yet 700 million have access to a mobile phone. For many, getting their phone charged and connecting to the network is a daily challenge. Without the ability to connect, these phone users will struggle to function in the modern economy.
We want to see everyone connected. We think everyone has the right to be included in our digital world. That’s why at BuffaloGrid, we are working to help the Next Billion get connected and stay connected.
Our team is made up of designers, developers and growth specialists who want use technology to make a real impact in our customer's lives. They work across hardware, software, operations and growth to provide a reliable service that our customers love.