We’re looking for a recent graduate to join our team to help out with the production of our BuffaloGrid Hub. This is a great opportunity to see first-hand what it takes to get a product to market and play a key supporting role in that process.
Job Title: Production Assistant
Reports to: Production & Design Lead
Based at: London, UK
Responsibilities (What You'll Be Doing)
- Support the design and production team in meeting customers needs with innovative hardware and software solutions.
- Help to specify, research and source components for our hardware system.
- Assist in quality assurance and certification process of our hardware system.
- Identify suppliers and manage the relationship with that supplier, from initial contact through to post-deployment support.
- Co-ordinate the logistics of component and system shipments, navigating customs requirements and getting our equipment into India on time.
Core Skills & Experience (What We Want to See)
- Between 0-3 years professional experience working in a fast-paced office environment.
- Academic background in design, engineering or computer science is desired, but not essential.
- Great email and phone communication skills, with the ability to build relationships across the business and with external suppliers.
- Ability to design and manage processes with clear logic and using common software systems.
- Prior experience with the following office software platforms:
- Essential - Google Apps (Mail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides).
- Desired - Trello, Slack
- Prior experience with the following technical and design tools:
- Desired - Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop), Rhino, Solid Works, Fusion 360, Ki CAD.
Benefits (What We Offer)
- £18,000 - £20,000 (depending on experience. Opportunity for salary increase and promotion within the first 12 months, performance dependent.
- 25 days annual leave per year + public holidays.
- Feel the rewards from working for a company on a world-changing mission to affect millions of lives
- Work in a small interdisciplinary team of designers, developers and operations specialists
- Tackle complex challenges that have a global impact everyday
- Work in a dynamic, modern office at Plexal (Here East) on the edge of Hackney Wick
- Be part of a collaborative team culture - open, encouraging, design-centric and fun.
Over 1 billion people lack access to reliable power, and yet 700 million have access to a mobile phone. For many, getting their phone charged and connecting to the network is a daily challenge. Without the ability to connect, these phone users will struggle to function in the modern economy.
We want to see everyone connected. We think everyone has the right to be included in our digital world. That’s why at BuffaloGrid, we are working to help the Next Billion get connected and stay connected.
Our team is made up of designers, developers and growth specialists who want use technology to make a real impact in our customer's lives. They work across hardware, software, operations and growth to provide a reliable service that our customers love.