Sales Director (India)
The Sales Director (India) will act as our primary representative in India and be responsible for taking to market our innovative off-grid power and internet system and associated services. Through your work, you will be the driver of growth within our largest market. You will be closing deals that make our corporate customers happy and change the lives of Indians in rural and urban areas across India.
Job Title: Sales Director (India)
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Based at: Delhi, India (additional travel to Mumbai and other major Indian cities)
Compensation: INR 1,700,000 - 2,500,000 + Bonus + Equity (further details below)
Responsibilities (What You'll Be Doing)
- Take total ownership of annual sales targets which you are expected to hit/exceed across all accounts in your territory.
- Run the entire sales cycle, which includes: - target acquisition, lead generation, relationship development, sales opportunity identification, customer product education, value proposition communication, in-person and remote pitching, bespoke offering definition, commercial and legal compliance, on-going account management and post-sales relationship maintenance.
- Determine growth forecasts for your market, develop a strategic plan to achieve sales targets and then lead it’s execution. This will take place in collaboration with the Global Leadership team.
- As the company grows, develop your own sales and account management team, lead that team and own it’s outcomes.
- Identify new product needs from your interactions with customers and market knowledge. Feed these needs back into the product development cycle.
- Act as the primary BuffaloGrid representative in India to clients, partners, funding organisations and suppliers. This will be both in private, at meetings and in public, at events.
Core Skills (What We Want to See)
- You are able to develop relationships with customers based on trust, credibility and intelligence.
As an independent operator (see: “self-starter”) you are willing and able to work alone and as part of a globally distributed team, motivated by our mission, your targets and the needs of our customers.
- You will hold an understanding of technology - as both a user and salesperson - that is comprehensive, relevant to our business and constantly evolving.
- You will need to operate both as a strategist and an implementer at BuffaloGrid, designing the overall plan of work and being the key person getting it done.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, both to an internal team and to an external audience. You should be able to construct dynamic case studies and write detailed proposals. You should be able to pitch our product offering convincingly to clients.
- You should display clear leadership in everything you do. We expect our senior team to lead by example and always be visible, especially during challenging periods of work.
- As a startup, we need everyone to muck-in during critical periods for the business. No task is too junior, no project is too complex. You should be unphased by this and approach your work every day as a learning experience, meeting resistance with a smile.
- Analytical and data-driven, you should have the skills and sufficient command of the tools to understand our customers through their actions, not just their opinions, and be able to back your ideas up with quantitative evidence.
Knowledge & Experience (What You Need to Have)
- Over 10 years experience in enterprise technology sales in India.
- Ability to bring new products to market and gain sales traction fast.
- Prior experience working for a startup or fast moving, international technology company.
- Native Hindi-speaker with an excellent command of international English.
- Prior experience working with, or in a major telecommunications companies in India (see: Vodafone, Reliance Jio, Airtel, Idea)
- Additional knowledge of market trends in ecommerce, banking, renewable energy, mobile internet and rural development.
Benefits (What We Offer)
- Competitive salary: INR 1,700,000 - 2,500,000
- Additional target-driven bonus scheme.
- Equity in the company through our employee share scheme.
- Work for a company on a world-changing mission to affect millions of lives.
- Tackle complex challenges that have a global impact everyday.
- Be part of a collaborative team culture - open, encouraging, design-centric and fun.
Over 1 billion people lack access to reliable power, and yet 700 million have access to a mobile phone. For many, getting their phone charged and connecting to the network is a daily challenge. Without the ability to connect, these phone users will struggle to function in the modern economy.
We want to see everyone connected. We think everyone has the right to be included in our digital world. That’s why at BuffaloGrid, we are working to help the Next Billion get connected and stay connected.
Our team is made up of designers, developers and growth specialists who want use technology to make a real impact in our customer's lives. They work across hardware, software, operations and growth to provide a reliable service that our customers love.
India is our first and largest addressable market. We have been active in India for over two years, with a team of three people today based in Delhi who are focussed on operations support. Get in now and lead this incredible new market.