Node Full Stack Developer
Based at: BuffaloGrid, London, UK
Use your developer skills to help shape how the world’s poorest billion people get their power and internet. Work doesn’t get more rewarding than this. BuffaloGrid makes little red solar-powered boxes that sit in villages, bringing power and internet to the off grid world. We are looking for a server developer to talk to all those boxes - it’s IoT in the developing world.
Responsibilities (What You’ll Be Doing)
- Setting up our full server stack using NodeJS / MEAN
- Creating a VPN that allows our server to talk securely with our devices in the field
- Integrating with mobile payment APIs to handle millions of transactions
- Writing server code in Node
- Owning the server design
- Dreaming up and implementing new features
- Supporting the operations team
- Making an actual difference
Requirements (What We Want to See)
- A proven track record in software development
- NodeJS expertise
- VPN on Linux
- Exposure to TDD
- Comfortable working across the entire technology stack
- Experience with relational databases.
- Experience working on an IoT project
- Interest in or experience working with solar power
- Previous work with telecommunications solutions
- Embedded Linux experience
- AWS or equivalent cloud server
- Previous experience working in a small, dynamic team.
- Interest and understanding of global affairs, particularly issues of poverty and the developing world.
Benefits (What We Offer)
- Competitive salary
- Equity in the company through our employee share scheme
- Feel the rewards from working for a company on a world-changing mission to affect millions of lives
- Work in a small interdisciplinary team of designers, developers and operations specialists
- Tackle complex challenges that have a global impact everyday
- Work in a dynamic, modern office at the RCA Innovation Centre
- Be part of a collaborative team culture - open, encouraging design-centric and fun.